Wednesday 11 March 2015

Review: We Were Liars

This book won the Goodreads Choice Award 2014 for best YA fiction...I read the blurb and first few pages on Amazon and decided to add it my To Read list. I finished reading it few weeks ago. It was a quick and easy read but also quite thought provoking. And although, some readers have criticised the strangely structured writing style, I actually liked it because it was supposed to be thoughts of a teen who'd been through some traumatic experience so in a way the writing style fits the plot perfectly.

I think it's a type of book you either love it or hate it...just like The Catcher in the Rye. Generally speaking, it would make a good summer read for young adults and adults alike.

Oh and I loved the map and the brief introduction to the Sinclair family in the beginning.

No comments:

Post a Comment